Founder and Immigration Lawyer
Christy founded Jones Immigration Law in 2014 after dedicating almost a decade exclusively to corporate immigration law at firms in Toronto, Ontario. An entrepreneur herself, she loves working with new businesses and self-starters – those who embrace challenges in the form of a new country, a new career, or a new line of business.
Christy is called to the bar in both Ontario and Massachusetts, and is certified as a specialist in immigration law by the Law Society of Ontario. She has sat on the executive committee of the immigration section of the Ontario Bar Association (2014-2016), and has been a panelist at the Canadian Bar Association’s national immigration conference (2018). Christy also earned a Certificate in Entertainment Law with Osgoode Hall Law School.
When not advocating on behalf of her clients, she can be found snowboarding with her family or planning the next travel adventure. She also spends considerable time convincing herself she does not mind losing a tennis match.
Education and Qualifications
- Dalhousie University, Bachelor of Arts (honours), 1996
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B., 2005
- Called to the bar of Ontario, 2006
- Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Immigration Law since 2015
- Past executive member, Ontario Bar Association, Immigration Section, 2014-2016
- Speaker, Canadian Bar Association – National Immigration Conference, 2018
- Osgoode Certificate in Entertainment Law, 2019
Christy Jones is a very professional and skilled immigration lawyer. She helped me pick between a couple of options I had for immigration – and led me smoothly through the whole process, helping me and my employer to compose the needed documents. At the same time she is very empathic, seems excited and passionate about her job, really wants to help. She always replies fast to you with good and precise answers. I trust her and have already passed her number on to a couple of acquaintances. I can highly recommend her.